The in-house research centre for energy storage technology systematically researches the behaviour of energy storage systems. The research results form the basis for an optimal operation. The focus lies on the optimisation of battery-saving charging strategies in the application. This leads to an extensive know-how in the field of battery charging technology.
The Research Centre for Energy Storage Technology (RCE), founded at the end of 2012, continues the for 20 years successfully established department for battery charging technology of Deutronic.
In response to the growing importance of energy storage, Deutronic has already started in 2007 with investing in device development as well as in setting up a battery laboratory in order to be able to systematically research battery behaviour. However, optimised operation requires appropriate condition diagnostics. A more intensive scientific discussion on the subject of energy storage began.
The results of research form the basis for an optimised operation. The focus is on the primary optimisation of battery-saving charging processes in operation. This leads to an extensive know-how in the battery charging technology.
Research topics of the RCE:
- Evaluation/Testing of new storage technologies
- Advanced charging strategies for lead-acid and li-ion systems
- Aging-invariant charge condition determination, residual energy, battery life remaining, battery life prediction
- Aging in multi-cell systems
- Lithium-titanate systems: Characterisation, aging behaviour, condition diagnostics
- Modelling and numerical simulation
- Parameter identification in battery models
- Development and optimisation of measuring methods for the analysis of energy storage systems
- Optimisation of operation strategies for lead-acid and li-ion systems for maximising battery life
Joint projects and services
In addition to joined R&D projects with other universities and companies within the framework of the RCE, the Research Centre offers a range of services in the form of a test laboratory for battery storage systems. These include:
- Evaluation/Testing of cells or systems
- Optimisation of storage design for specific applications
- Creation of expert reports